Many strong men died at sea after shipwrecks not from hunger and cold; they gave up their lives because of fear. The right attitude is what matters in the first place.
In several years time after the evil was finally destroyed in 1991 the people of Russia became free; I mean totally free. The spectre of Communism disappeared and the Russian socialism came to an end. In a very short time huge public property disappeared as well but it’s not a big deal as freedom was set at full-scale in what has remained of Russia.
People were given the right not to work, the right to live in the streets, the right to die of alcohol and drugs, the right to be gay and many other human rights. They were even given the opportunity to travel in time as some of them became serfs of the new feudal lords; some of them became slaves.
For adventurers of different kinds the whole country became a paradise on earth even though its climate is cold. If one belonged to a group of distinguished and respected people he had it all. Some were simply born in the right place at the right time.
But what about the mediocrity?
Raised in the evil times of the Soviet Union these creatures developed wrong attitudes.
They thought that people have to help each other, that one shouldn’t steal, that natural resources belong to the nation and serve to develop it, that it is bad to kill or injure another human being to rob him/her or just for fun when you can’t be caught, that small ethnic groups (some of which live in tribes) shouldn’t have huge privileges over the majority of the population, that stray dogs are just urban jackals and don’t have any human rights; in so many words they believed in many idiotic and sometimes dangerous things of the kind.
People lost their hope and surviving in this liberal and democratic country became the burning reality. What makes the situation worse is that very often children of these weird species inherit their attitudes and it becomes useless to wait for the moment when they just become extinct in due course of time and the oil and gas money will not be wasted on them any more. Some of them believe even now that the state has an obligation to take care of them.
They can think whatever they want but it just results in nervous breakdowns, alcoholism, procrastination, inability to solve problems and so on. It’s a loop. That’s why developing the right attitude for an average person is crucial to survive in liberal Russia. .
In my humble opinion Anton Szandor LaVey’s approach comes in handy to handle the situation. I don’t’ think it is a religion; it’s just a very powerful instrument that allows to develop the right attitude and to make your life full of meaning if your homeland is contemporary Russia and if you were raised in a conventional Christian family.
They began to put different slogans into the popular mind after perestroika hit the fan and the coup in 1993 made democratic and ultra-liberal reforms inevitable.
“Freedom is better than non-freedom. Take as much freedom as you can!
If you are weak it’s your own fault; everyone is a born entrepreneur!
You have to master your life; nobody is responsible for it but you!
You have to be bold and risky; only the brave have it all! And so on…”
A lot of people were buying it but it was just a disguise. Meanwhile huge public property was being privatized just for nothing. At the same time for those who were raised in the evil time of the Russian socialism and in a way believed in its non-human dogmas times changed dramatically.
The Satanic Bible is what we need here; it gives inspiration, hope and meaning in life for those people in Russia who continue to live in the past.
“1. Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self- deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all – fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development”, has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so- called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!” Exactly! This is the Russian liberalism in action!
“1. Blessed are the strong, for they shall possess the earth – Cursed are the weak, for they shall inherit the yoke!
2. Blessed are the powerful, for they shall be reverenced among men – Cursed are the feeble, for they shall be blotted out!
3. Blessed are the bold, for they shall be masters of the world – Cursed are the Righteously humble, for they shall be trodden under cloven hoofs!
4. Blessed are the victorious, for victory is the basis of right – Cursed are the vanquished, for they shall be vassals forever!
5. Blessed are the iron – handed, for the unfit shall flee before them – Cursed are the poor in spirit, for they shall be spat upon!
6. Blessed are the death – defiant, for their days shall be long in the land – Cursed are the gazers toward a richer life beyond the grave, for they shall perish amidst plenty!
7. Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs – Cursed are the god- adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!
8. Blessed are the valiant, for they shall obtain great treasure – Cursed are the believers in good and evil, for they are frightened by shadows!
9. Blessed are those that believe in what is best for them, for never shall their minds be terrorized – Cursed are the “lambs of God”, for they shall be bled whiter than snow!
10. Blessed is the man who has a sprinkling of enemies, for they shall make him a hero -Cursed is he who doeth good unto others who sneer upon him in return, for he shall be despised!
11. Blessed are the mighty – minded, for they shall ride the whirlwinds – Cursed are they who teach lies for truth and truth for lies, for they are an abomination!
12. Thrice cursed are the weak whose insecurity makes them vile, for they shall serve and suffer!”
Guess I’ve found the complete guide to contemporary Russia…